Are you deeply engrossed in a computer that you frequently forget outside events? You may be late for functions, or miss your favorite TV shows and if so, why not make the computer alert you when there is a deadline to meet?
An alarm plays a vital role in time management. You can make use of alarms according to your schedule and priority. Therefore, the discussion will be regarding solutions that are rendered free of cost and can be managed easily by anyone, even the newbies and inexperienced users who are using the OS.
There has always been an alarm app and a solid timer in Windows for a prolonged time but users fail to notice often. With an advanced start menu in Windows 10 and the virtual assistant Cortana, it is much easier to start a timer and set an alarm.
In this article, you will find two ways to turn your Windows 10 computer into an alarm clock. You can master how to utilize the in-built feature for setting an alarm and you will also know how to make use of third-party applications for acquiring better results by customizing them.
The built-in alarm clock in Windows 10 will help you to organize and act accordingly to the planned schedule. The major demerit associated with the Alarm & Clock App is related to one and only aspect: you can get the notifications if your system is awake.
It is pretty obvious that if there is no power on your device, the alarm clock will not work. If you are not in favor of keeping your computer stay awake for a prolonged time, then a better idea will be discussed in another section of this guide. There you will have an insight view about setting the alarm clock using VLC Player.
Using in-build Windows 10 Alarm & Clock App
- Hover the mouse on the search button beside the Cortana icon.
- Type Alarm’ in the search field and select Alarms & Clock’.
- Turn the alarm on.
- On the left-hand side, double click on the time and select hour in 1st column, minutes in 2nd column and set PM or AM by scrolling accordingly. You can also choose up and down arrows by pointing the mouse to select the desired time.
- You can assign an alarm name like a good evening, get up, dance class or anything that will remind what the alarm was for.
- Next you can click on the repeats’ section to allow the alarm to raise a similar alert on other days of the week. Check or uncheck the boxes that you need for the alarm. Thus you can get an alert at the same time on other selected days.
- You can set the alarm sound from a list of pre-build sound themes. Scroll on to your desired tune and click on it to set that particular file.
- You can select the snooze time as you wish and set it.
- Save the alarm by clicking on the save’ icon.
Creating a new task and running through VLC Player
If you want a specific sound or run a video as an alarm notification, use this method. This method works even if your system has gone into sleep mode.
- Click on the search field and select Task Scheduler.
- Underneath the Actions’ bar, click on create basic task’.
- Complete each step by filling in the required details until you reach a page that displays tasks to perform’
- Select the start a program’ and click next.
- Browse for the VLC extension and select it.
- Add the path of music or video files in the adds arguments’ field, without any spaces. Then click next.
- Check on the box that says “open the properties dialog ….” And click the finish button.
- Select the conditions tab and check the box that says “wake the computer to run this task”.
So these are the two processes by which you can easily and quickly set an alarm on your Windows 10 computer. Using the Windows 10 computer setting an alarm clock can be extremely useful.
You can put notifications while working on other tasks while playing games and when you are not using the computer.
Others searched for: hella https://www bing com/search?q=how to use alarms in windows 10&filters=guid:”4026379-en-dia” lang:”en”&form=s00028, orldhttps://www bing com/search?q=how to use alarms in windows 10&filters=guid:”4026379-en-dia” lang:”en”&form=S00028, estaurants near mehttps://www bing com/search?q=how to use alarms in windows 10&filters=guid:”4026379-en-dia” lang:”en”&form=s00028